Monday, January 16, 2012

They're Creepy And They're Kooky

"...mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky.."
(although I do look a little scary at that angle!)
No, not us...

"The Addams Family", of course.

The girls and I made our annual pilgrimage to the Hobby Center last Friday night to see The Addams Family Musical from Broadway Across America.
Bri loves Lurch!
It was a blast!  We laughed out loud...a lot!!!  I have noticed that it is when we really have no expectations of a production other than just taking in a show that we enjoy it the most. 
Do our girls fit right in or what?
What does that say about our family?

The girls and I enjoyed an evening of  'girl time'...including dinner at Pappasitos and lots of conversation.  The play was wonderful and the seats (not our normal ones since I waited so late to buy tickets) were the front row of the gallery.  The usher even showed us a convenient side door which made us feel like celebrities with our own private entrance.

I would have loved to have seen this show on Broadway with Brooke Shields playing Morticia...but this one was still great!  My favorite quote of the evening came from Morticia when Wednesday asked them to act like a normal family for one night..."What is normal for the spider is a calamity for the fly."  Just goes to prove my theory that there is no such thing as a 'Normal Family'!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I thought about y'all Friday night. Allen and I went to see We Bought A Zoo. It is really really good. The little girl that plays his daughter stoled the show. If you get a chance, go see it.

Rita

B said...

Heard about y'all going was thrilled. Great girl time looks and sounds special.

Brenda