Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Tis The Season

I bet you thought I was never coming back, didn't you?

Well, to be honest, I was beginning to wonder myself.

Not that I didn't want to drop in and tell you all about our holidays...but because I just haven't been able to find the time.

You see, we just finished our last family 'Christmas' gathering.

After posting all those holiday pictures, we headed to northeast Arkansas to spend some time with Jim's family. We ate, opened presents, watched some football, ate some more, played games, watched more football. It was a short trip, but we enjoyed the time with his parents and his brother's family. We rang in the New Year with a very competitive game of Catchphrase and still managed to make it to church later that morning. Good thing there was no Sunday School or I would have been yawning! We made it home Monday night just in time to watch Oklahoma State play in the Fiesta Bowl.

Then my mom drove in on Thursday evening, we had the three grandchildren all day Friday (actually Bri did, but at our house), we opened gifts with Mother that evening and then watched the Cotton Bowl. She and Bri helped me with a home improvement project on Saturday before we sat down to watch the Houston Texans in their first ever playoff game. I didn't get to see much of it as Mother wanted to go out to visit Desi's grave site. We made it home in time for warmed up Sausage Kale Soup and (you guessed it) another football game - New Orleans vs. Detroit. She left after breakfast this morning and should be arriving home soon.

Well, I had planned to share a few things with you that have been on my heart and mind this holiday season...but I think I've probably overstayed my welcome already today...so, I will see you in another day or so!

Hope your 2012 is filled with Blessings and Joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been staying busy but having busy! Looking forward to your posts.

B said...

Yes like a Goode time had by all!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful moments. How about that game! Or games