Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From Ribbons And Lace

...to sweaty sneakers and deep voices.

That is the best way that I can describe the last few days. After spending Sunday afternoon with 'the girls' discussing necklines and dress details, I spent last night with our #1 son and his friends. The guys played basketball in Bryan as part of their summer league. After a defeat and a victory -- and a one hour wait between games -- I offered to take Brian and the guys who rode with him to dinner at Casa Ole.

What a hoot!

These boys had me cracking up at times and ducking behind my napkin at others.

All in all, they were a pleasure to dine with and it was neat to get a little peek into their world. The dinner conversation flowed from the games just played to summer jobs and all areas in between.

It was my first opportunity to spend time with his new friends. He has always had wonderful friends with unique personalities -- yet all with a great sense of humor. But it was reassuring to see that the same holds true in his new school.

Ribbons and lace....sweaty sneakers and deep voices...makes you wonder what I did today, doesn't it?

No comments: