Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Wedding Machine Is Rolling

I spent yesterday afternoon with Meagan, her 'girls' and her future mother-in-law in search of bridesmaid dresses. Meagan and Dori had already been to the Alfred Angelo in Dallas to find Dori's dress. So, our party consisted of Meagan's two sisters and her two future sister-in-laws. We had the best time watching the 'girls' try on the different dresses and once their choices were made, Terri and I both got our dresses as well. I made the mistake with Kelli's wedding of thinking that a MOB dress would be easy to find. Wrong! Most every store has to order the dress, so I was totally surprised to find out that I had picked out a dress that I was able to take home with me yesterday. Check one more thing off my list! Yoo-hoo!

So let's see:

  • Set wedding date - check (September 27 - in case you haven't heard yet)
  • Reserve wedding venue - check
  • Buy the wedding dress - check (it is safely waiting for her fitting before the bridal portraits)
  • Order invitations - check (they are in and they turned out beautifully)
  • Choose reception menu - check (and the groom even attended the tasting)
  • Hire the DJ - awaiting word back
  • Hire the photographer - check
  • Choose the wedding cake - check
  • Ask Dear Aunt to help with flowers - check
  • Buy Bri's dress - check
  • Buy Mother of the Bride dress - check

I still need to:

  • Make payments to all the various things mentioned above
  • Finalize guest list
  • Mail invitations
  • Help Bri plan a wedding shower
  • Find nearest hotel information for our out of town guests
  • Order FOB tuxedo
  • Make final decision on wedding favors
  • Put together the seating chart for dinner
  • And probably 50 other things that I am choosing not to remember right now because I want to think that I am almost finished with arrangements!

We are steadily picking up steam with the wedding plans...and I know from experience that once September rolls around, it will feel like a runaway freight train. At the same time, I wouldn't trade this time for anything. Jim doesn't understand how we can talk about wedding stuff 'all the time', but I love that time of listening to my daughter's dreams and desires.

Now I just have to go find knock out gorgeous...yet comfortable...dancing shoes! I should have plenty of time, don'cha think?

7 comments:

August said...

D-A-N-S-K-O... just kidding!

Sounds like you're having a great time with M. planning her wedding.

I wonder if I will ever get to experience planning a wedding with DD. She's told me in the past that her dream wedding would be somewhere romantic & exotic, just her and the groom; getting married while the sun is setting.

Who knows... maybe. :)

Anonymous said...

My dream: DD calls and says, "Oh, by the way...we got married."

I'll send them a nice check!

Fonda said...

Okay, you guys can't both have it your way. Ha! How about somewhere in the middle?

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay! I'll compromise. DD calls and says, "Oh, by the way...we got married in someplace romantic and exotic!"

And I'll send them a "Bed, Bath, and Beyond" gift certificate!

August said...

You're sooo funny! hehe :)

Anonymous said...

You seem to have so much more done than I have and I thought I was doing pretty good. I too thought that the MOB dress would be an easy thing but maybe I better start looking. January will be here before you know it.

Done:
Reserved the reception hall
Reserved the church
Ordered the brides dress
Picked out the bridesmaid dress
Bought most of the flowers
Picked out the invitations
Mom making bouquets/decor
Aunt Shirley making cake
Friends helping prepare food

Need to Do:
Everything Else HA HA HA

I guess I'm semi together.
Rita
have it semi together. HA HA

Rita

Brenda said...

It does sound lovely seems like you are on top of everything.