Saturday, June 7, 2008

Just A Weekend Rambling

I woke up leisurely this morning, thankful that today is Saturday and I have no schedule to keep. The boys and I are heading out to get some vacation shopping accomplished. The whole family will be making our way to South Padre next weekend for a 'business' trip and they really need new beach clothes. (Bri has plans to spend the day with Josh since he leaves for Africa again tomorrow...she will have to do her shopping next week.)

Last night, I put in a request for a beach house in Surfside for the 4th of July. It is two doors down from my dear friend who gifted Jim and I with our anniversary weekend at her beach house last weekend. We had considered just getting a hotel room for a couple of nights...but I feel a deep desire to spend an extended time away with the family. Surfside is close enough that Jim and I could make a trip or two into the office if necessary, but far enough away that we would only do so if it were to become necessary!

After reading this post I am so glad that I decided on the full week instead of just the weekend. So cross your fingers...and say a prayer that we will get the house. If not, we will try again for after Casy's surgery later in the summer.

What plans are you making for this summer?

1 comment:

August said...

We don't really have anything plan for the summer yet. I usually check if there's any festival within a day drive and we just go if we get motivated. DH is on Fri/Sat days off so it's nice.