Sunday, June 1, 2008

Where The Sun Shines Brightly...

and the relaxing gulf breeze blows. That is where we have spent the last three days. Thanks to a dear friend, we were blessed to spend our anniversary with a wonderful view of the Gulf of Mexico at her beach house. We had the most amazing time doing absolutely nothing! We did a little fishing, we laid on the beach, we sat on the deck and we enjoyed the peace and quiet!

When we arrived Friday evening, we took the fishing poles down to the beach and spent some time fishing in the surf. Jim caught a gafftopsail while I chilled in the beach chair. (I did more than my share of fishing last weekend at the river.) We stayed out on the beach until after dark. I was surprised how cool it got when the sun went down.

We slept in Saturday morning. No early morning telephone calls!!! How awesome it felt! We went in to Lake Jackson (The City of Enchantment) for a late breakfast at IHOP. Strawberry French Toast, yummm! We spent most of the afternoon and early evening at the jetties. I tried to fish, but after being brushed by a jelly fish, I hightailed it out of the water! I spent the rest of the time taking pictures of the wildlife that surrounded us. We saw porpoises, pelicans, hermit crabs, sea gulls and a beautiful white heron that decided to prance and preen for us. After lots of sun, we returned to the house to get ready for dinner. After sitting on the deck and watching the tide roll out for a little while, we decided to eat in instead.

Sunday morning we had planned to do a little more fishing before heading home, but Jim had gotten his quota of sun on Saturday. Instead we went to the local seafood restaurant for lunch before heading back to Waller.

It was an amazingly relaxing weekend...and relaxing is just what we needed. Jim and I have been so busy this year that it was wonderful to spend a weekend doing absolutely nothing unless we wanted to! I am trying to talk him into buying me a beach house on the bay side. No luck yet...but one can always dream, right?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Yes, I understand for our 20th a good friend gave us her beachhouse for a weekend. Art and I took off friday just did alot of celebrating most of all relaxing with the Gulf in front of us. We headed into the crawfish festival on Sat. that was a blast and that night there was a lightning storm.
That's is interesting at the beach.
Sunday comes to soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on year 27! (You need to update your profile now, by the way!)

Sounds like a really nice weekend. I'd LOVE to sit around and do nothing for days on end. August can help me out on how to do that!

OUCH! She pinched me!

Fonda said...

It is a highly under rated activity...the sitting around doing nothing. I didn't realize how busy we were until we stopped for a few days! Try it yourself, soon!

August said...

I'm glad you and Jim had a great time!
Speaking of going away... the four of us should plan a trip together. Let's meet up somewhere! :)