Monday, June 23, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

...I wish it were Sunday, again!

The telephones are ringing off the hook here at the office. Good for business, not so good for my frame of mind.

We had a wonderful, yet wild, weekend.

Friday afternoon was pretty hectic, with all the guys in the office for a company wide meeting. It is always nice to catch up with how they are doing face to face...but I get little work done on the days that they are all here.

Friday evening, Bri and I picked up the suburban from the mechanic. New brake rotors, a new exhaust sensor, $690 less in the bank account and we are all set for family travel once again!

Bri left from Firestone to babysit for Matt and Kelli so that they could enjoy a movie with friends. I had made it about a block and a half when I received a phone call from Brian needing gas money...badly. He was taking his friend home and dropping Will at Sam's house for a few days. I waited for him at the nearest gas station for 15-20 minutes. After a fill up and a lecture about gas prices, he went on about his way.

I finally made it home about 7 or 7:30 when I promptly crashed. Thankfully my darling husband was not quite as out of it as I was and was willing to make me dinner.

Saturday we spent the entire day attending a baby shower for a close family friend. It was nice to spend the day with my girls and close friends just visiting and spending time with one another.

Sunday morning I attended service at the church I had attended a few weeks back. It was a moving message on the wrath of God. Not an easy subject, but it was well presented and timely for me.

After church, Bri and I drove into Tomball for lunch and a little household shopping before picking up Casy and Debbie from the airport. I cannot say enough good things about the program Pilots for Patients out of Monroe, LA. They provide air transportation for those with medical needs like Casy's. To swap an 8 hour car ride with an hour and a half flight is a huge blessing when your energy level is already low.

It was great to have them back with us for a few days. They will be leaving tomorrow morning to head back home. Casy is doing so much better and getting back to his old self a little more every day.

We went into 'town' last night for Mexican food. It was a nice treat. Then we came home and watched some television before hitting the hay.

See, nothing 'over the top' exciting...but plenty busy!

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

August said...

Tomball used to be my stompin' ground when Paul and I lived in Magnolia.

One of our favorite place to eat is Ma Goodson Cafe for their chicken fried steak. They have the best chicken fried steak ever! If they're still around and you're in Tomball, give 'em a try.

Brenda said...

Tomball has some good Barbque places.
Our weekend was certainly looked better after Will arrive he is a delight to have around.