Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm Stuffed

Just got in from the Atlanta Fish Market, where I think I have found the perfect bowl of seafood gumbo! Mmmm Mmmm! The perfect mixture of flavor and kick. I followed that up with a crab cake and broiled halibut. Halibut -- my favorite!

Not only am I full from the food...but I am full from the power packed day at Deeper Still: The Event. Much to digest.

Kay started off our day with a whirlwind trip through Jeremiah and the message of the calamity that would befall the nation who turns away from Him and His Word. It was a hard message...a very hard message, delivered with tears at times. And yet, my soul just drank it in like the dry ground drinks in the rain.

Lunch with 19,000 women was a little chaotic and harried...but we made the best of the situation. Spent a little time in the Lifeway bookstore before heading back to our seats with pizza.

The afternoon sessions began with a panel discussion that was at times uproariously funny and at other times, made you tear up from the heartfelt answers of such godly women.

Beth wrapped up the sessions with a wonderful exegesis of John 1:14. "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." Why? So that we might have grace upon grace in our lives! So that we might be set free from the penalty of sin. Somebody wants to shout 'hallelujah'!

It will take me several days to even begin to assimilate the teaching we have heard over the past two days. For right now, I am just full. And for that I am thankful.

Wish me luck getting back home tomorrow! Good evening from Atlanta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't be in Atlanta without eating at The Varsity! It's an institution, and they've got pretty good chili dogs!