Saturday, February 14, 2009

To My Valentine

Jim,
If I had to describe you with an image, this would be it:
You are my Superman in camouflage! Always up to the thrill of the hunt...be it deer, turkey, hog or duck. Thanks to you, I don't have to worry about buying saran wrapped meat from the grocery store for a llloooonnnngggg time! More than that though, you have been a wonderful provider for our family in more ways than I could ever recall. You have made me stronger and better than I ever could have been on my own. You have given me an earthly glimpse of the Father's unconditional love. Thank you for loving me and our family with all your heart!
I love that you are right at home with a baby in your arms. I guess after five of our own you are quite the expert (even though you still get a little nervous with the newborn grand babies). You are the best "Pa" in the whole wide world! See: here and here too! And I love that you still look at me like this:
Just in case you missed it in the picture, I love you even more than when we stood in front of that little Arkansas church and said our 'I dos' nearly 28 years ago. I am absolutely crazy about you!
Happy Valentines Day, Sweetie!

2 comments:

August said...

Oh how sweet! What a wonderful tribute to your dear husband.

Robin said...

Oh look...August and posted at the same time...when i went to post there were no other messages and as soon as it posted there was August...I giess we were thinkin' the same