Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Welcome Party For Maddux

Last Saturday, Meagan and one of my Best Girls, Robin, hosted a baby shower for Kelli in honor of Maddux's quickly approaching arrival. The idea was to supplement Matt and Kelli's pink collection with a little bit of blue so that Maddux doesn't grow up with a complex. They received lots of clothing for the little man...now we just need him to get here in order to wear them!

This first picture is of the soon to be "Big Sister" with her Auntie. Her little teal sweater outfit was just soooooo cute!

The shower was done in a sports theme, heavy on the baseball (Matt's favorite). The food was plentiful and things you can pick up at a ballpark...like chicken wings and sub sandwiches. The cupcakes were made by one of Kelli's friends, Jennifer. Red velvet baseballs...Yum!
Here is the beaming Mommy-to-be opening Maddux's crib set. So cute!


There was tons of baby blue and brown baby clothes. They will match nicely with all of Brooke's pink and brown.

Kelli and Matt picked up the crib yesterday...so now she feels a little more prepared for his arrival. I am sure that all the cute things that they received last Saturday have helped that feeling as well.

As I mentioned in an earlier email...we are on 'Blue Alert". Waiting to hear that they are on their way to the hospital any day now. I will keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like y'all were feeding the whole ball park too. The food looks yummy. I'm sure you only ate the healthy stuff since you are working out these days. HA HA. I can't wait to meet Maddux. I will be checking daily for Maddux alerts.

Rita

August said...

Kelli is glowing! I'm very happy for you and your family.

I'm gonna have to come to Houston soon to meet all your grand children!

Maybe DH and I will plan to come this fall when it's not so hot... OR you never know... he might get that job at IAH.