Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching Up

Well, as Robin observed last week...when I post, I post and when I take a break, I take a break!

I didn't intend to take a break this week. It just sort of happened.

We went to visit family in Arkansas for Easter weekend. Almost the whole family was gathered for the first time in a very long time. We had a great time visiting and catching up. Lots of stories shared around the campfire...and even more food! We ate catfish, bar-b-que, spaghetti, and an Easter dinner that offered more choices than you could shake a stick at. And that doesn't even take into account the big country breakfasts that started each morning!

Upon arriving back in Texas Monday evening, there was lots of catching up to do at work and at home. Jim is much more appreciative of my new washer and dryer now that he has seen just how much laundry those babies can do at a time! Within four or five loads we had five days of laundry for five people plus what was left at home completed.

We watched American Idol Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I guessed the bottom three this week, but I never thought it would be Matt that was going home. Glad he didn't. Meagan and Davin came over on Thursday. We had a delicious burrito casserole for dinner and spent some time visiting before they headed home.

And now, it is Friday.

That is how the week got away from me without any posts!

My cousin, Rita, and her two girls are on their way from Louisiana to visit for the weekend even as I type and the grand babies are coming over for Easter egg hunting tomorrow. We have a baby shower to attend for a dear family friend, as well. So, as you can see, we have another full weekend coming up.

I hope it doesn't take me another week to find my way back to the blog.

No comments: