Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Guess What Was Waiting For Me At Home Yesterday?

My new washer and dryer!!!

Aren't they beautiful? I think I am in love!

I have been wanting a front loading washer for several years now...but the motto around our house is, "don't fix what's not broken". Well, last Monday it finally broke.

On Wednesday night, Jim tried to figure out if it was something that he could fix. By Thursday he had consulted with Mr. Fix-It (his dad, Poppy) and determined that the problems were so bad that we just needed to replace it. So, Friday I was blessed to go into Cypress and choose my first ever new washer/dryer combo!

Debbie went with me to Sears where I picked out the Kenmore Elite HE5t with steam in Chai. Well, I actually ordered it in Truffle, but because I would have to wait until April 27 to have the Truffle ones delivered...I changed back to my first choice of Chai.

I still have to wait until the 27th to get the two pedestals and the work surface...but I can handle that! My first load of laundry? Jeans...and would you believe I washed 9 pair and there was room for more?

Brian thinks I am crazy for taking pictures of my washer and dryer...but, have I told you that I think that I am in love?

Oh, happy day! I will be a clothes washing fool between now and Thursday when we leave for Arkansas!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Those are pretty! I love them too! Isn't it great to have so much room and to be able to use so much less soap! I am not sure guys can understand how we gals feel about washers and dryers! ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I've been wanting a new washer and dryer for some time now. But Allen has the same philosophy as Jim. So far he has been able to fix every problem. I've just got to work harder at breaking them. HA HA. I also want a new dishwasher and frig. Actually, it's getting to the point of need instead of want. Most of our appliances are hitting the 20 year mark. I keep trying to tell Allen the new stuff out there are energy savers and in the long run it will save us time and money. So far to no avail.

See you soon,
Rita

Unknown said...

Can I come over and do laundry? haha. I hope to get one of these when Matt and I get into a new place.

Now all you need is for the microwave to burn out.

love you!

August said...

Very nice. I love the color!

Fonda said...

Kelli, that is exactly what your sister said when she saw a picture of them yesterday! And yes, you can come over and do laundry anytime...you just have to bring the babies with you!

Thanks, ya'll for sharing in my joy even though the male crowd thinks it's crazy!

Brenda said...

Oh! What a picture I have been looking at these the last few weeks over at Sears. They are Nice! The colors are great and you sure deserved them. I really have looked at these machines over and over my washer makes this horrible noise and the dryer well long story. They are not but 7 and 10 yr.s old.
I love them bet you could wash alot of towels.Ha!