Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idol is OFFICIALLY a Monster!!! by Number One Son

(This version of the post has been edited to delete some highly political and definitely politically incorrect statements made by my eldest son. who will probably become a politician one day. Evidently, he really hates that we watch Idol...and I need to log off of my blog when I am not at my computer!)
American Idol Pictures, Images and Photos

We've all heard of it, most of us know it, a lot of us watch it, few of us live it, and me.........I hate it!

I think its just a dumb boring show, with no plot or storyline, and just overall BAD. If i wanted to watch a lot of people TRY to sing, and do a very mediocre at best job, I'd go to a choir practice.....just kidding, that was a low and mean joke, but only if you actually do go, if not then i mean it 100%. Kidding. But I absolutely just don't like it, I'm pretty sure its a drug. Most people get addicted, but I'm stronger willed than that. It has went from some show where people sing, to a monster even bigger than (politically incorrect statement)......not kidding. The seldom, few times I am actually home, which just so happens to be Tuesdays and Wednesdays, my Mom, my Dad(who sadly has to endure, God bless his soul), and whatever family that decided to drop by, is hopelessly indulged in this beast we call "American" Idol. Not very American, BTW(by the way). I blame poverty, drug addictions, the economy, the death of Trevor the Monkey, letting Nancy Pelosi be third in line to the presidency, and global warming all on Idol, and its half witted judge Paula Abdul. Which btw, if she was a "big thing" in the 80's, I'm glad I wasn't born until September 7, 1990. There's no way you'll ever get me to trade any 90's sensation(Vanilla Ice, Marky Mark, Billy Ray Cyrus, Nirvana, Kriss Kross, etc. etc.) for the mentally ill Paula Abdul. And while I'm on my soapbox about the poor choice of judges, Randy.....who looks like he can be Ruben Studdard's half brother......that new dumb girl that only knows how to say about 85 words in the English language....i just need to know a few things, who is she? What hole did she climb out of? When will people remember her name? Where did she come from? And most importantly why? AND HOW??? But Simon.....that's the only reason anyone would have to watch that show. I love when he pisses everyone off cuz the girl sung like crap and he actually said something true, but America gets mad because "he shouldn't say that, what if her feelings are hurt?" Who cares? Forget political correctness, if the chick cant sing, then someones gotta tell her that she has no right being up there....Simon Cowell '12. But back to the show itself, its not even a singing show anymore, but who can get the most sympathy and who can wear the least clothes without crossing that line. I say we boycott Idol.....yes, i hear the crickets too.

This has been a special post from the real Number One Son(not one as in born first, but place in her heart), aka my (edited) name Brian. Forget Idol, keep bloggin, and goodnight:)

Susan Boyle for Prime Minister!!!

Free Jessica Gomez!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

lol... did brian seriously type this? it is hilarious, he can come to my house on tuesday and wednesday nights cause I don't watch idol. whats up with the "free jessica" at the end.

August said...

I can honestly say that I have never seen American Idol... not even once!

:)

Fonda said...

Kelli and August,
You have retuned Brian's faith in mankind! He is no longer alone in this crazy AI world. Of course, he fails to mention the COUNTLESS hours his mom has spent watching football, basketball and even golf with the menfolk in this house. Nor does he mention all of the Outdoor Channel shows Jim watches or the Rob & Big marathons that he has subjected me to...how short their memories!

Stacy said...

Brian, you are just too funny! You can come to my house on Tuesday if you want - but you have to watch Dancing with the Stars - ha! :)

Anonymous said...

Brian,
We don't watch Idol or really any other "reality" type show. As for no plot or storyline, well, it's a talent show not a movie. There isn't going to be one. I don't get the big deal either about reality shows. About the only "reality" show I ever watch is TLC's Little People, Big World and sometimes the Duggars, 18 kids and Growing.

Rita
Rita

Robin said...

very interesting post...but honest and to the point...I would like to know what was said that was taken out! oh...and can't come to my hosue I watch way too much so called reality tv. :)