Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon In The Country

A week ago this past Sunday, we decided to just relax and chill a little. With Jim's turkey hunt behind us and Casy's surgery ahead of us, we decided to take it easy, light up the grill and throw some 'shoes.
Jim and Casy played Derrick and I for the first match. They let me throw from the 'ladies tee box'...it had been over a year since I last played!
Bri got to throw from the 'ladies tee box' too. They only let one girl play at a time though. Bri, Samm and I took turns. (I must have been in the house preparing the steaks for the grill while Samm played because I didn't get any pictures of her.)
Here is Casy getting ready for his ringer! I think he had the most of the day.

Glen throws a mighty mean 'shoe too. Even after he and Debbie drove 8 hours from Arkansas.

I think Derrick finished the day being on the winning team more times than not. He and Casy played every game.
Will held his own among the men.

Even Davin got in on the action.
Not really! He was reaching for this:

You can take the boy out of the country...but you can't take the country out of the boy! The only thing he likes more than his four wheeler is mine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a good horseshoe player. We play once a year at the family reunion. I'm just happy if I anywhere in the vincinity of the stake. HA HA. I love to play badmitten(sp?)though. We bought us one at the end of last summer but didn't get to play it much. Either it was hot as he_ _ or the wind was blowing so bad we couldn't play. I'm looking forward to this year.

See you next Friday.
Rita