Monday, October 11, 2010

Unexpected Glimpses Of Beauty

Over the past couple of weeks I have felt the Lord urging me to look around and take notice of the "Unexpected Glimpses Of Beauty" that He sends my way.

So, I thought I would share a few of them with you today.

Sunday:
Early in the afternoon, I was sitting outside reading and begging the Lord to speak to me on a certain issue. I was so wound up over it that I could not for the life of me sit still. So, I began to walk our property...trying to exercise a spirit of gratitude as I went, but not getting very far before the Thanksgiving became a barrage of confessions over my failures. He didn't answer me in the way I was asking. But, as I took a sharp turn on the path, my eyes widened at the sight of these purple flowers growing wild near the burn pile. My breath caught in my throat as I realized that this was the only color (other than green) in our whole yard. Not in a flower bed for all to see, but just for me...in a very unexpected place.

Monday:
Bright and early...trying to make a fresh start of the week as well as the day. I grabbed my devotional and coffee, heading for the comfy chair. It had been far too long since I last sat at His feet this early in the morning. After I read the devotion, I turned to the Scripture in my favorite Bible.
Staring back at me from the page were the notes from a Sunday School lesson taught 'once upon a time'. It made me smile to remember the Lord's goodness to me through that church and through those very special Ladies, in particular.


"I thank my God every time I remember you." (Philippians 1:3)...those words held even more beauty with the span of time that has lapsed since I last beheld your faces.


Tuesday:
Driving Will home from football practice. I had just thought to myself that I hadn't noticed or captured His revelation of beauty for the day. In my heart I had expressed my doubt to Him and asked Him to show me before the day was over.


At just that time, I noticed a large bird in a tree right at the edge of the road. As we passed I was surprised to see that it looked a lot like an eagle. Not wanting to miss it, I turned around and headed back past it. Digging in my purse, I was unable to find my camera. So, I passed it up and pulled over to find the camera. After getting the camera ready, Will and I pulled up beside the bird with its white head shining through the branches.



Unfortunately, our third drive by scared him out of the tree...so this was the best picture I could get. I think it was a 'Mexican Eagle', but I am not sure. I just know it was very majestic looking and it came when I thought I would have nothing at all to share for the day.


He heard my prayer, and He answered in a very unexpected way and time!

Wednesday:

I have no picture to share...though I did take one of my plate at dinner last night. Southern Comfort Food at its best. Chicken 'n' Dumplings with a small side of leftover (the best kind) Red Beans!

My Unexpected Glimpse of Beauty came after lunch when all three grandchildren stopped by the office on their way back home from lunch. I am sorry to say that I didn't even think to get a picture before they left!

Thursday:
A crazy day in the office...but toward the end of the afternoon we had a visit from Clay. Clay is our UPS delivery man. We see him at least three days a week. But on Thursday he had something just for me!

My casserole dish from One Kings Lane. I got this for FREE! I signed up for the emails and received a $15 coupon which I used for this beautiful fall inspired dishware. I only had to pay the shipping and handling!

I can hardly wait to make a batch of chicken pot pie to fill it up.

Friday:

Just look back to Friday's post to remind your self of that day's UNEXPECTED glimpse of beauty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your dish. But, what are you going to do with the peeps?
Looking at the beauty of God is a wonderful thing and I can't imagine that anyone would deny that He is real. Just look around!Love Ya'll, Aunt Fran